Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Psychiatry (Am Acd Psych & Law)
Physicians who are Board Certified by the ABPN (called "ABPN diplomate”), have successfully completed an approved training program and an evaluation process assessing their ability to provide quality patient care in a specialty and/or subspecialty. Forensic Psychiatry is a subspecialty that addresses medical issues with a psychiatric focus, as they relate to civil, criminal and administrative law, and involve the evaluation and specialized treatment of individuals.
For additional Board Certifications go to Licensure & Memberships
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Biology, May 1966
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, M.D. degree, June 1971
University of West Los Angeles School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.) May, 1999
• Rotating Internship, LAC/USC Medical Center, 1971-1972
• Psychiatry Residency, LAC/USC Medical Center, 1972-1975
• Fellowship in Psychiatry and Law, USC Institute of Psychiatry, Law and Behavioral Science; July 1975 - June 1976
Medical Practice and Affiliations:
• Staff Psychiatrist, Los Angeles County Department of Health, Santa Monica West, Mental Health Service, 1976-1978
• Staff Psychiatrist, Metropolitan State Hospital, 1974-1977
• Physician, Los Angeles County Probation Department Central Juvenile Hall, 1973-1976
• Member, Medical Staff, St. John's Hospital, Santa Monica, California, 1976-1993
• Member, Medical Staff, Brotman Memorial Hospital, Culver City, California, 1976-1978
• Clinical Supervision of 2nd year Psychiatry Residents in cases involving psychiatric-legal issues and problems.
• Hypnosis preceptor, USC Medical students at St. John's Hospital, 1974-1975
• University of Southern California School of Medicine, Instructor, USC Institute of Psychiatry, Law and Behavioral Science, Department of Psychiatry, 1976-1984
• Interviewing candidates for Psychiatry Residency Program
• Administrative Assistant to Ward Chief, Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 1974-1975
• Secretary, Psychiatry Committee, St. John's Hospital & Health Center, 1977-1980
• Treated thousands of psychiatric inpatients and outpatients.
• Examined thousands of criminal defendants in various penal facilities statewide and in Arizona. Also in England.
• Testified thousands of times in all sorts of court proceedings in most counties of California and England.
• Qualified as an expert in juvenile psychiatry, personal injury, probate, family law, competency, insanity, sexual psychopathy, drug/alcohol abuse, workers' compensation, medical malpractice, fitness for duty, long-term disability and all other psychiatric forensic issues.
• Selected as Agreed Medical Evaluator in great majority of my workers' compensation cases.
• Qualified as a psychiatric expert and testified at the Old Bailey in London, England, 1997.
Areas of Specialization
• General (Adult) Psychiatry
• Forensic Psychiatry (Civil and Criminal)
• Fitness for Duty
• Workers Comp
• Testamentary Capacity
• Mental Health Commitment Law
ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS (LINKS):
> Licensure & Memberships